Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Travel Flat Iron

On my last CIE trip to Ireland, one of my fellow travelers came to breakfast one morning and confided that she’d just burned off a lock of her hair with her flat iron. She said that it happened in the blink of an eye. She’s not the first or the last woman to experience that.

When you travel to another country, the haircare appliances that you use at home might not act the same, thanks to varying electrical systems. The “medium” setting that you use at home might translate to “super hot” in another country.

I looked around and finally found the international travel iron shown here.

Worldwide Dual Voltage Flat Iron

It comes complete with adapters for the most commonly traveled countries, as well as a thermal carrying case that allows you to pack it in your bag while it is still warm.

The best feature of this model is that the heat settings are not a mystery. Rather than guessing whether you need to set it at low or medium, you can set the exact temp that you want. I asked my stylist what setting I should use. He advised 385 degrees and that seemed to work out well. It was hot enough to style my hair but not hot enough to damage it. If you decide to try it out, ask your stylist what temp you should use for your own hair.

I’ve tried it out in several locations and it hasn’t let me down yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment