Sunday, August 20, 2017

Lighted Travel Mirrors

Hotel vanity lighting is notoriously awful. In most cases, the lights are just too dim to allow a woman to see and put on makeup correctly. While some hotels have recently added swing mirrors with extra lighting, most have not. Worst of all, you never know what the next hotel will offer.
I think I have tried just about every mirror on the market, looking for just the right model. The first one was nice but required four large batteries, which made it too heavy to lug around in a suitcase. The second one magnified everything so much that I couldn’t really see my whole face to ensure that my makeup was applied evenly. The third one was simply too small. The fourth mirror was absolutely adorable but the lights were even more dim than the ones over the hotel vanity. The fifth one distorted my face so badly that it was like looking into a funhouse mirror.
Finally, I found this little beauty.
USB Travel Mirror
This is The One. It’s the perfect size and fits neatly into a medium size cosmetic bag. One side is magnified and one is not. It recharges via a USB cord and it holds a charge for quite a long time. Once charged, you can move it anywhere you want without having to worry about whether the cord will reach from the outlet to where you want to sit.
Finally, it weighs practically nothing, which makes it the ideal travel mirror. I’ve used it for two years and haven’t experienced a single problem with it. I’m hoping that it lasts a long time because it really is perfect for my needs.

1 comment: