Thursday, August 31, 2017

My Favorite Travel Accessory

You’ve probably heard the theoretical question, “If you could only take one thing with you to a deserted island, what would it be?” For me, the answer is Huggies baby wipes.
Why? Baby wipes, in my opinion, are darn-near magical. Here’s what I use them for:
  • Makeup remover. They work great on all kinds of makeup. 
  • Shoe polisher. One quick swipe and your shoes will be clean and shiny again.
  • Hand cleaning. I like them better than hand sanitizer to get gooey things off my hands.
  • Stain removal. Be sure to test one out on a hidden area of your clothing first to make sure that it doesn't fade the color. I've never had that happen but that seems to be the standard disclosure.
  • ATM button cleaner - or any questionable surface, really. Keep them handy to wipe down the hotel room TV remote, door knobs or anything else that you suspect might not be sanitary.
  • Spill absorber. Wipes are damp but not too wet when they come out of the package, which means they can be pushed into service to clean up spills.
  • Quick freshen-up on long flights. Wash your face, cool your neck, wipe down any part of you that needs a quick clean-up.

I’ve tried several brands but the Huggies brand works best for me. They have just the tiniest bit of texture to each wipe, making them more effective than other brands.

Now, before you go into doubt mode about what baby wipes can do, think about what substances they are designed to clean and what surfaces they are intended to be used on. ‘Nough said.


No comments:

Post a Comment