Thursday, October 26, 2017

Makeup on the Move

Traveling with cosmetics is a pain. They can take up a lot of space, there’s that whole Ziploc issue when you fly and there’s always a risk of something popping open in transit and ruining other stuff in your bag.
Yes, I know I could be brave and just leave it all at home. However, I do not want to scare small children I may encounter, so I never travel without my cosmetics and I never will.
Packing cosmetics does present some challenges: 1) You want to keep them secure so that they don’t leak; 2) You’re only allowed to take so much in that little Ziploc; and 3) Organizing your brushes, pencils and compacts can be difficult with some bags.
Using your stuff once you arrive can present some real problems, too. So many guest baths lack the counter space you might need to spread things out.
The best solution is a sturdy makeup bag that can hang on a towel rack near the bathroom sink. I’ve tried many versions and while all have been decent enough, my all-time favorite is this version from Lyceem.

Click here to purchase for $18.99 on Amazon
This bag has so many divided pockets that it is super easy to be super organized. It can sit or lay on a counter. If there is no counter space, it can hang on a towel bar for easy access. The mesh pockets allow you to see exactly what is in every pocket, so you’ll never have to dig around to find what you want.
When you fly, only liquids, pastes and gels need go into your quart-size Ziploc bag. Powdered and solid cosmetics can go directly into your Lyceem. Once you’ve cleared security and don’t need to have the liquids bag out, it slips neatly into the main pocket of the Lyceem.
I have used this bag on several trips and have been quite pleased with it. At just $18.99, I was quite pleased with the price, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment